Shown in: Reclaimed Barnwood w/#3 Glaze Finish
Barnwood TV Stand w/Barn Doors – Standard Features
- 60″w x 21″d x 36″h
- Functioning Barn Doors
- Adjustable Shelves
- Cord Holes
- Hand Crafted to Order
- Premium Residential Finish to Protect & Preserve your Furniture
- Water Resistant
- House hold Chemical Resistant
- Heat Resistant
- Reduces Fading caused by sunlight
- Resists Deep Scratches from daily use
More Reclaimed Barnwood Furniture
What to expect with Hand Crafted Amish Furniture
When it comes to furniture, quality is just as important as style. Being able to use each piece daily without having to worry if it will fall apart. Each piece of solid wood furniture we offer is handcrafted by local Amish craftsmen right here in Ohio.
The solid hardwood used to make your furniture (sourced from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia) is kiln-dried over an extended period. This is to greatly reduce warping & cracking, and exterminate anything that may have been living in the tree (such as insects).
Even after being kiln-dried, a piece of wood can still warp or crack depending on the humidity and climate. To combat this, several techniques are put in place to ensure the quality of the furniture will last decades. For example: on a tabletop, the will grain patterns. One piece will have the grain pointing up, and the next piece will have the grain facing down. A spline is also installed on each seam before being put together.
After the furniture is built, the stain is applied as well as our signature premium finish to protect and preserve the wood used in your furniture. Our finish is water-based, as well as VOC compliant. Protecting it from water, household chemicals, as well as heat, and scratches. Providing you with a piece of heirloom quality furniture that can be passed down from one generation to the next.
How to Clean & Maintain Hand Crafted Amish Furniture
Once you receive your new furniture, you may be wondering what is involved in caring for it. While our furniture is built and designed to be used daily, there are some care instructions.
- You will want to dust often to remove everyday abrasive particles. You will want to use a soft cloth and follow the grain of the wood.
- When cleaning, use a mild non-alkaline soap with water. Use the suds in a damp sponge or cloth. If you are using a new soap or cleaning chemical, and are unsure it is safe, test it first in an out of site area to make sure it doesn’t damage the finish. As always, go with the grain of the wood.
- DO NOT WAX OR USE ANY POLISH THAT CONTAINS SILICONE! The silicone will build up in the wood grain, which will damage the wood should you ever have the furniture refinished.
- If you can, place your new furniture away from radiators, fireplaces, and heating ducts.
- If possible, it is best to control the humidity in your home to around 40-45%. Humidifiers in the winter as well as dehumidifiers or air conditioners in the summer are great for this.
- Porcelain, ceramic, and most other materials used for dishes are harder than wood. Sliding directly on the furniture may cause surface scratches. To avoid scratches, consider using coasters, placemats, or even felt tabs. If you do have a scratch that goes through the finish into the wood, give us a call!